PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice paycut today.....
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 07:36
Gillegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are official channels to use that don't involve radical union type movements, which most pilots believe is the only way it could be done. Simply challenging unreasonable edicts of management through the company established processes for aggrieved employees would get serious attention. They are obliged to address them.
Have you ever tried one of the "official channels"? I have and let me tell you what happened. After first refusing to even meet with me, I stood my ground and was awarded a hearing with someone from HR. My supervisor sat in on the meeting. I made my case, pointing out where the company did not even follow their own policy as it was written in the Employee Manual. The HR representative acknowledged my point and then stated that they intended to change the wording in the manual to correspond to the practice and that I would not be given the difference in pay that I was seeking (it was a pay issue).

In the past, I believe that you could pursue grievances through official channels but it has become apparent to me that the company no longer feels compelled to even follow their own rules (just look at their complete disregard for the ULR rest guidelines in their own publication for the IAH layover).