PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 07:32
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ed Set,

Thanks for taking the time. It is curious that AAR has not been re-instated. Maybe CAS has blown his credibility among the wider audience. Maybe it is not as safe as we have been led to believe. I struggle to understand what the difference is between this serious leak and the ones that have preceded it that didn't warrant this scrutiny. Ground testing has never been able to re-create the environmental conditions in-flight but the Nimrod was given a clean bill of health to continue every time til Nov. If we somehow contributed to that pressure here on this thread, then the Chiefs should ask themselves how they got themselves into a situation where an ageing airframe was chosen to have the very latest battlefield technology bolted on.
I heard the other day that one option on the table is to cancel Nimrod MRA4 even at this late stage. All rather extraordinary wouldn't you agree?

Time for a change?

Certainly hope the high ups review the handling of this case. I would recommend more honesty and more transparency straight away. A restricted document is not difficult to get round. I am not convinced lessons have been learnt here.

Last edited by nigegilb; 6th Mar 2008 at 07:56.