PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 Rough Landing @ Hamburg
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 03:57
Ricky1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LH A320 Landing

Hi everyone,
I have been keeping a close eye on this thread and have found it very interesting. However I havn't seen anything on here with regards an offcial report from LH or airbus. I have looked at both websites and have found nothing related to this event.

Looking at the video over and over, it is shocking the outcome of the landing was not worse than what happened. Safety is number one right... So what happened to the pilots decision making? Should they have gone around? maybe chose rwy 33? But even after all that it looks to me that the pilot flared a little to early and that the wrong portion of landing gear touched down first. Now I am only a fresh out of school commercial pilot here, I have been tought to keep that into wind wing down to aviod what happened in this situation. Looks to me the wing lifted up and a gust cought the underside, leading to the chain of events after. I know things are a lot different on the 320, but are the fundimentals of dicision making and flying along the same lines?

For everyone that has watched the video on YouTube, you will see that there is a related video section on the right side of the video. I tought you's guys should have a look at this video of the event. Might put a smile on your faces. A little bit of humor for you's. apparently it's the real truth behind the landing. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rbZg...eature=related

Take care all,
Rick