PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair 'floating base' during line training
Old 5th Mar 2008, 22:46
virginpilot1087

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stansdead, Do you actuly work for an Airline or just sit on here jerking off slagging Ryanair?

I am guessing the latter and probably because you cant afford to pay the type rating makes you bitter.

I have a few friends flying for Ryanair, all very happy and even after been there over a year now, I have just started flying now after finishing the Type last month and am loving every min of it, the money at the moment is not good but it will be soon, my wage after line training will be much better than a few buddys flying elsewhere and I am on a better aircraft, (Big Shiny New Plane) as people put on here thinking thats a bad thing too? dont know what most people like to fly but I prefer that to an old beat up piece of ****!

Ryanair is a company trying to make money and seem to do very well at it,, Flying is a job to pay the bills and have a decent life style, with 5 on and 4 off you can do that, yes its nice if people lick your ass and lay out the red carpet because your a PILOT, but lets be fair, were not gods, just guys and gals going to work to pay the mortgage, and get to fly a cool aircraft too!

as for paying for drinks and food, well I cant think of any other job I have had that bought me lunch so there really is no change there, I have to eat to live, why would Ryanair pay for that?

Just because we pay so much to train I dont think that gives us the right to have everything silver plated for us, you have to work hard, we just made a massive finantial commitment so we can fly fast jets for a living and not dig holes or be an accountant or something dull, if you dont like what Ryanair is offering you have two choices, pack up and go home, or move airlines, they dont force you to fly for them! all the info is availible before you join up, they might take advantage a little because people are desperate for flying jobs, but that just brings me back to point A,,, there a business, not a relife fund for struggling 250hour pilots!