PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just has my first trial lesson at EGLD and it was bumpy.
Old 5th Mar 2008, 13:46
Insight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my trial lesson about 3 years ago in the BAFC's Chipmunk at Wycombe and was ill.

I started having lessons late last year and for the first lesson went up in the chippy again (covered primary and secondary effects in it) and since have been flying in PA28's. I was ill in the Chippy again, but, with the assistance of some alternative medicine travel sickness things from boots I have managed to avoid inspecting the inside of the bag since!

Even this Sunday just gone, which I was told was quite turbulent I was ok, I felt slightly peaky but not enough to worry me, was busy concentrating on the slow flying exercises we were doing!

Try going up again, make sure you haven't eaten lots of heavy foods, but make sure you have eaten something (you want your instrument to be reading just above hungry ) and try some of these boots things (they are non drowsy!).

Also had a recommendation from a display pilot I know of eating ginger in some form prior to the flight.

It is much much easier when you are flying, I prefer being in control by far!

James