PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 12:40
idol detent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M.M. availed us of his IR knowledge...

Its easy.Just fire all 3000 odd pilots who go on strike,pay them the minimum statuary wrongful dismissal amount,and replace them overnight with the glut of experienced pilots currently on the market.Thats what anyone with an ounce of commonsense would do.
Are you a BA manager, because that's the sort of purile argument that they too have been spouting?

Not only would sacking us cost them a fortune in wrongful dismissal cases, I am led to believe individual lawsuits for loss of earnings etc would quickly follow (since the strike would be legal). And think of the animosity should we be dismissed & then re-instated. Because the "glut of experienced pilots" simply only exists in your mind. We are just about managing to recruit at the moment, never mind an additional 3000. And who's going to train them? A legal minefield for BA.

They didn't sack the cabin crew last year, and I think it nigh on impossible for BA to sack >2500 pilots and expect to have a solvent business. And that, for the Board, would see them in prison.

Red herring me old china...

Now next time you post please add smileys so that we know you are joking. If you're serious please go away and grow up.

ATB

id