PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Running Expenses for c210
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 07:50
Stationair8

Received 73 Likes on 39 Posts
Many years ago you could do the rounds of various flying schools at YMMB and hire B36, C182RG, C206, C210 and PA32's, but a spate of incidents and accidents soon put an end to that.

I have access to a C210M, the owner has always been very careful who he lets fly and where it goes, and he gives you a checkout in it and will go and do some circuits with you if you haven't flown it for a while. Over the years he has knocked back or refused to give people a check flight in it, which doesn't always fit well with some peoples ego.

Over the twenty years of flying C210's, I seen people do untold damage through poor engine handling, prop strikes, damage gear doors by putting the gear out too fast, some very poor landing techniques in normal and crosswind landings due to flying the approach too fast and not flaring correctly etc.

In any of the Cessna 182/206/207/210 there is a lot of weight on that nosewheel and in turn easy to buckle a firewall and or a prop strike.

I saw a brand new C210 turn very tightly on a congested apron and the pilot managed to get a propstrike, lots of dollars and much swearing and cursing about his new C210 Centurion!!!

I bet in the near future there will be some very expensive AD's come out for C210, after all they have been out of production for 24 years now.

A lot of the C210's in Australia are fairly high time especially those that have been operated in the NT by Tillair, Airnorth, Skyport etc.