PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR Harmonisation
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 19:06
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
...using the off-shift engineers - thus eroding their 'down time' and rest periods quote "They were worn out at the end of it" and then probably had to come in on shift again. 3D - again you shoot yourself in the foot - your 2 engineers per shift aren't enough unless everything is going well.

Out of interest do your engineers work a 12 or 24 hour shift ?- we went to 12 hour shifts because of fatigue issues.

As I said earlier, one of the handicaps is that we have to engineer the aircraft to MoD standards which appear to be more restrictive in terms of the amount of servicing (and thus the amount of engineers) that we (and AW and VT) need.

AW and VT are free to put as many engineers on shift as they wish - all they have to provide is the aircraft at the agreed % of availability. They are civvies doing it their way, why should they be choosing to rip MoD off?

But since I'm not the one working for a company that got itself into finacial mire by bidding lowest on contracts and has had to be bought out by an asset stripping investment company - I'm probably more secure in my job than most