PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR Harmonisation
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 17:03
bigglesbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes doing a gearbox change on the SAR 61 DOES need more than two engineers, as does much of the works that require that aircraft to go offline. When that happens the standby aircraft is put online and engineers not on shift will come in on overtime to assist on those jobs, so it isn't just the two on shift engineers doing the job.

There are obviously two side to the "discussion" on Harmonisation, and both have their valid points. However, Crab you have either been misinformed as to how we "Civvies" do things, or you are purposefully baiting people. If you are unsure as to how things are done why not stop the arguiing and go visit Lee or Portland. If you don't want to do that then you are obviously baiting people, and others like me can simply discount your rants as nonsense.

For my part I am very much hoping to learn from the RAF/Navy, as well as civvy crews, when harmonisation comes round. I have learnt much from those who I have already flown with, and I hope I can bring something that will be of use to those I meet in the future, both civvy and Military.