PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just has my first trial lesson at EGLD and it was bumpy.
Old 4th Mar 2008, 10:43
DenhamPPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Midiman

I fly with TPC. Did you fly OWAR, BUFY or BURT?

I flew the TPC 172 for the first time on Friday - it was quite windy with a few gusts but I felt quite safe flying up to Meppershall to drop an instructor off to collect one of the TPC aircraft and then onwards to the local training area for a dual check. Abeam Leighton Buzzard it was so windy at 2000 feet we were virtually standing still in the air! (I was practicing slow flight at 55 kts).

Landing back at Denham was interesting due to a gusty wind down RW24 but we got down fine despite the 172 wanting to float for a few extra feet.

When I first learnt to fly I also felt uncomfortable with bumpy and gusty conditions. You will find these feelings lessening as your flying experience increases.

Hope your trial flight experience won't put you off training.

Adam

PS: I still use FS2004, UK VFR Photographic scenery and the Justflight 152 to check waypoints/VRPs before I fly to an unfamiliar airfield.

PM if you wish - let me know when you're next planning on flying - may see you there.

Last edited by DenhamPPL; 4th Mar 2008 at 11:01.