PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 05:30
Gingerbread

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the information of Ppruners, the following has been posted on the Qantas pilots website by AIPA's President.

This is to announce that a 58% majority of eligible pilots have voted in favour of the Jetstar Airways Pilots Agreement 2008.

91 per cent of all eligible Jetstar pilots participated in the ballot which closed today at 12 noon.

On behalf of myself and Management, I would like to sincerely thank all Pilots who participated in the vote. We are delighted that the new Jetstar Airways Pilots Agreement 2008 has been voted favourably by the greater majority of Jetstar Pilots, both those on the existing EBA (Enterprise Bargaining Agreement) and those AWA pilots who wish to be now covered under the EBA.

We would also like to thank and acknowledge the involvement of both the Jetstar Pilots Association (JPA) and the Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP) who supported and were involved in the development of the successful Agreement.

We believe this new 5 year Agreement provides a positive and exciting future for our Pilot group.

Alan Joyce

Chief Executive Officer

Woods stated; "AIPA is concerned that Jetstar EBA 4 was revoted without effective consultation with Jetstar's pilots and the voting pool questionably extended via the admission of those on AWA's Nonetheless, a majority decision appears to have been validly determined.

Going forward, while I believe that AIPA is the most appropriate Association to represent all Qantas Group pilots and have no doubt that AIPA will soon represent a majority of Qantas Jetstar pilots irrespective, I have publicly stated that AIPA supports the industrial autonomy of Jetstar Pilots and would work collaboratively with AFAP to achieve consolidated representation for all Australian pilots."
Let's hope he can get the AFAP and the JPA to bury the hatchet.