PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention DPA
Thread: Attention DPA
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 05:25
volarecantare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have covered s many issues here that your post needs to be taken piece by piece. However to hear a cry out like this is going cause a reaction in many because after all we are a profession of put up or shut up...I believe we are coming to an end of an era where we are supposed to continuously swallow down to save face and in the process, many safe face keep their jobs and lose their families.

Your frustration is evident and whether you are one of the guys who has been chopped or a friend of one of them it is sad that you hav no where to go except this forum to ask for help.

You have talked about people being chopped for "no reason" and this has caused a reaction. There are always reasons, those reasons should only be that a person is not yet ready to take on the role for captain however I have seen people chopped for other reasons. The fact is that Unions and Training Departments often attract people whose ambition writes checks their competency and suitability cannot cash. I have seen guys decide someone was going to fail even before they took their seats in CT 5.An atmosphere is then subtly created in the sim that can hugely damage a persons performance. Many good trainers and checkers do exist but there are certainly a few bad eggs that have destroyed the confidence of good decent guys. Maybe those guys were not "macho" enough for these trainers and they demolish them. If we create an environment where someone is in the vulnerable position of command its very easy to knock them. If they complain, they have n where to go. The checker can always give good reasons why they failed. WHo is checking these checkers? The big egos and small attitude of many in C+T is huge problem.

Im very sorry to hear, regardless of the circumstances that guys and family
have had such a blow to their confidence and career in such a heartless and ruthless environment.