PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 4th Mar 2008, 03:09
ShockWave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
629..Bus...
You can not compare what is happening in GA or the domestic LCCs to what may happen in Voz. Initial orders fior 7 x 777s does not equate to continued and rapid expansion. The nearest comparrison is QF and there are many pilots there who did more than 10 years as an S/O. It all depends on how lucky you are! Will there be stagnation or expansion and what age will the guys be who hold the more senior possitions and how many aircraft will there be. The posibillity of 10 years as a cruise f/o is not crap it is a proven historical posibillity! I was told 18 months as a second officer before upgrade to an F/O slot at my interview at one stage in my career. 7 years later I was still waiting for peole to retire or die. I was very lucky to have had enough other flying experience to help me piss off elsewhere.
What ever you choose to belive it is just another gamble. You may win, you may loose. My advise to you, is to not gamble with this job uless you believe the money will be enough for you, or you have a way out, and/or you can afford to loose many years of your career.