PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 20:28
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its all the jobs that might have been.
Care to explain how a GOAL is going to suddenly cause the demise of Jetstar and the associated jobs?

AIPA is on record saying that they accept that an LCC has to have different T & C's, so it won't be pushing for the LH award.

What a GOAL gives is everyone access to good T&C's eventually. In other words... CHOICE... Start in Qlink, Jetstar or an S/O in Qf and from there choose fast promotion with less pay (LCC or QLink) and later gain the T&C's in mainline (if you want).

A GOAL is good for everybody, you and I have no idea what the aviation world will look like in 15 years time, if Jetstar continues to grow at rates like this and QF is stagnant, then it is good for our younger pilots in QF, because eventually they'll get a look in (won't make much difference to me).

What if the LCC model starts to falter, or at least contracts a bit, and mainline expands? Again the Jetstar guys get to share in the spoils.

Why do I have to PM you to find out who you work for? I know already, it is obvious you are management, not because you oppose my view (so does Led, fistfokker and heaps of others) its because the tone of your posts show you encourage the divisions that exist now, and want them to stay.

Only management would be happy with this division, no line pilot, no matter whether pro or anti-AIPA, pro or anti-GOAL would encourage such division.