PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 05:46
bunglesboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recheck your emails

Hi Folks

I have been reading some posts with interest regarding VA's pay and conditions. I think some of you need to check the emails that you were sent and re read them. Some of your facts are a little off. Below is an extract of the email sent to me. It may clear up some of the errors in some of the threads.

"Although salary has not yet been finalised you can expect a salary range between $45,000 - $60,000 per annum*. This is a total salary and includes superannuation and incentive payments. Cruise Relief First Officer salary will be in two bands, with your level of experience determining your banding. V Australia will pay for endorsement costs, and a bond period will apply".

"The V Australia Fatigue Risk Management System will permit rostering to a maximum of 1000 hours per annum and rosters will be based on a 28 day cycle. You will be guaranteed 9 days off in any roster period at your home base, and you will receive 42 days annual leave".

Personally I think those of you with an interview offer should attent and hear exactly what is on offer with regards to pay, upgrade times, etc. This is the only way to get the truth, and then make up your own minds. If you don't like what you hear then with draw your applicaction. If you do, then take the job - it's that simple.