PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch on TV
Thread: Monarch on TV
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2001, 00:44
brockenspectre

Rainbow Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I think the issue is about expectation... the vast majority of the Brit travelling public, who use charter because the prices are most affordable, just want a time abroad in the sunshine, away from work and stresses of life BUT actually getting to the airport, affording the holiday and flying itself cause stresses. The majority do not fly everyday, every month..for many the first flight EVER is their vacation flight. Delays cause stress to everyone, explanation as to why things are happening lessens that stress. On the show if ONCE the Cosmos reps had said to pax, there are no coaches because of strike action, we need to get you to the airport and the only way is by taxi and because there are so many of you we have to start now then I doubt there would have been a problem. At no time in the show was an explanation given - and yes, words of one syllable are needed in such a circumstance!! for anyone!!

I still believe the British travelling public for the most part is decent and not wishing to cause disruption. Sure you will find a%*holes in business travel (just ask, next time, how many servants the complaining biz passenger has at home!!) and the occasional disruptive in vacation travel but I really do believe that most people just want things to work, to be on time and to have explanation if things are not working to plan ...am I wrong?