PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch on TV
Thread: Monarch on TV
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2001, 23:50
PsychoDad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, my balanced view on pax is that wheras charter pax are often confused and stressed that is mainly because they only take that one flight a year. Still, the vast majority are sweet and most often comply with the instructions given to them by CC. Not quite so for the seasoned business traveller who, it seems to me, likes nothing better than pointing his (nearly always a he) finger at something totally stupid "I want to sit in seat 1A, I always sit there" or "I only drink Chardonnay cooled to 14.7 deg C". They always have a tendency to show up late since "they won't offload me I've checked in a bag" and on and on.

Went on charter week before last to CHQ and yes, the cattle transporter was full of nice, happy folks eager for a holiday in the sun. No sour faces here, and no one making a fuss at all.

And finally to whoem ever said that we as pilots should have a presence when hiring CC "because they are there for safety reasons". Yes they are, but luckily modern air travel rarely calls for their safety training. On the other hand, on each and every flight they are the frontline staff, and it is their performance that decides to large extent whether passengers will enjoy the flight or not. No, pilots should not participate in this or most other managerial tasks. We are hired to drive the aircraft safely from A to B and that's it. Leave Human Resources to the experts and likewise with management, sales, IT and what have you. I for one would not like to have a HR presence in the cockpit, and surely HR wouldn't want a pilot to hire CC.