PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job opportunities for a 737 pilot
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 21:14
Capt Apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi buddy.totally understand your predicament.but the fact is that if you apply for migration as a skilled worker to canada today while you are still in India your application wont even come up for processing until another 3 years atleast.with your salary it wont be a problem for you to apply now.all you have to do is fill up a form and send it to the embassy with the processing fee which is about Rs 50000 for a couple.The canadian authorities are trying to streamline and expedite the process of immigration but trust me the number of desi applications they get is not funny.if you apply today you will only get the permanent resident status after about 3-4 years.by then you will have a lot more savings and experience.Also if you decide not to go all you lose is the processing fee.and if im not wrong once you get the resident status you have an additional three years within which you must move to canada or you would have to reapply.that means you have about six years to plan.I agree that the pay in canada would be sad but there are a lot of benefits that they get for paying those high taxes.I strongly suggest you fill up that form tomorow.You can decide whether or not to move depending on your mood and situation when you application is approved.Atleast that way you will have an option and all you stand to lose is about half a lac.check the canadian governments website on immigration.Good luck