PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch on TV
Thread: Monarch on TV
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2001, 13:35
Mowgli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unwell Raptor

It is worth remembering that the punters you describe with prejudice in your post are the source of income for many of us and they are not all bad. Many are honest, hardworking people and families who want a value for money holiday and are very pleasant. Often when air rage incidents have occurred, other passengers have stepped in to help.

Overall, the louts and troublemakers are in the minority. My relatives and friends travel charter and one has just phoned me having read this post. Her impression of pilots is now that we are a bunch of arrogant snobs. She has recently travelled charter and is the daughter of a Spanish Countess (not that she advertises the fact, it's not her style).

It's also worth bearing in mind that our potential customers have access to this forum, and I hope that after reading your post they read this one so they are not left with the inpression that when they fly with us (assuming they haven't now been put off) we are thinking they are inferior beings who belong in the cargo bay. Some are, I know, but TV companies tend not to show footage of nice, normal folk who just want to have a break from their work.

It's all a question of a balanced view IMHO and your post needed a reply from someone with less pre-conceived opinions.