PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 18:35
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Macker,

This is true DFC. But you would still be most welcome to apply for the forthcoming direct entry ATCO positions in the IAA. We'll take anyone at this stage!
Let me see......take a pay cut, loose job security, move, give up the office in the sunshine, have to pay top dollar for decent airline tickets when I go on holiday, not be able to retire as soon as I want, and on top of that be thought of by the public as a money grabbing lazy civil servant?.............No Thanks.

It is, however, a little busier than the last time you may have darkened these doors.
Has the traffic increased since last week?

If, as I suspect, you have military origins, you will understand what is in store for you when I say that you will be "led out at dawn"...

...to do EIDW Ground!!
No military experience. Unless you can count discussions regarding civil military co-ordination procedures or airspace.

You will have Alpha back kicking pilot ass before you get me to leave the sunshine for the pit.

Regards,

DFC