PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 15:42
FlyingSpanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for off topic!

Apologies if I went a bit off topic with my little rant and spat.

I was just trying to make the point to KC135777 that what we do in flying the aircraft is a skill. And as such it can be learned through practice and a certain amount of dexterity.

Does it mean that everyone can do it? No absolutly not, but then again not everyone can drive.

Regards to terms and conditions I am fully behind you BA boys and hope that you give the management what it deserves.

I was stuck for hours at LHR due to complete incompetence of management. Few weeks ago with the high winds for a few days, aircraft delayed to EDI because of - wait for it - there was only 1 dispatcher on and then when he had issued the paperwork it was past 2230 so the tug drivers left and there was only 1 tug crew on all of T1 to push out 15 delayed aircraft.

Now why was this left to happen? Could management not pay a bit of overtime for the staff and arrange a couple of more people? BA has lost the good will of the staff, and now in any time of crisis its all falls apart.

It really takes some b@lls to walk out the door but I believe its your only option left. BA terms and conditions were fought for over the years and if you let this start at BA then there will be such a knock on effect for the rest of the industry its not worth thinking about.

Go get em!

Flying Spanner

P.S. being an OSE was great but again management managed to FK that up as well!!!