PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 11:47
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

AIPA doesn't oppose bonds. All S/Os joining QF are subject to them and all crew changing types are subject to freezes. Freezes and a return of service obligation are both fine by me and I suspect by the majority of AIPA members.

If I jump and get caught on the wrong type/rank etc then I do that knowing that those are the possibilities. I jumped early for 767 F/O and spent four years rotating. I jumped late for 744 F/O because I thought a 767 command may be around the corner and missed out on two years of earning a ****e load of extra money. I'm not sure what your point is Turbtool.

I don't think the GOAL is....in the best interest in the short or medium term, of Jetstar pilots.
Short to medium term? Probably nil. Long term? Huge. imagine being able to decide that you may like to bid across to the A380 or other type when seniority allows.

I can't see any benefit to Jetstar pilots that would justify them taking a path at their own risk only, to achieve the GOAL.
Talk about propaganda. Do you deliberately try and mis-lead or does it come naturally? What risk are J* being asked to take GOAL? They are being asked to consider it as being an option for the future. I see no reason why QF and J* (and QFLink) pilots shouldn't be able to bid at will between fleets/types/ranks IAW a GOAL. Entirely up to the individual to make that choice. Yet you see no benefit in this. You also consider it a 'risk' to seek? Exactly what risk is that? What are J* pilots being asked to 'risk' in order to achieve GOAL? As far as I'm aware the only thing that QF and AIPA pilots have asked of J* pilots is to consider becoming members of AIPA and working together.

I think i can see the supposed 'risk' in this whole GOAL issue for one particular group of J* pilots. There would be many DECs who would be banking on the continued expansion of J* to avoid them having to take up F/O slots in a few years. Perhaps they feel that if the GOAL did get up that because they're on AWAs they'd then drop behind all the QF drivers in getting a promotional slot. Therefore if the EBA gets up they're on the EBA and 'safe ' from the rampaging hordes of QF drivers. If the EBA doesn't get up then they're still on their EBA. If AIPA et al then get the GOAL then perhaps these guys (like Led and his ilk) feel that they'll have to kiss goodbye to retaining their left hand seat.

I suppose that explains the hidden agenda.