PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 09:14
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to make a point that pilots are not Gods Gift. I spent more time training for being an engineer than a pilot, however I get more respect for being a pilot. Go figure?
Slightly off tread but might I also suggest that not all ex-ground engineers are pious sky gods either

Seriously though, I have found that the only ones to have that idea are either straight out of flying school and haven't yet learnt their fallibility or mortality and those that have sat their entire life in a safe shiny tube and haven't yet had it bite them badly and necessitate the sudden realisation that they, perhaps, are not immortal!

Most of us (professional pilots) are well aware of our limits and fallibilities and also many of us, myself included, have degrees and training outside of the aviation environment and thus tend to have a somewhat more grounded view of the job.

I do like to be properly recompensed for my responsibility however and the constant degradation of T's & C's over the last few years is not representative of the job we ALL do.