PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 23:45
FlyingSpanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kc135777

KC135777,

Please got off your high horse!

I am a fully licensed aircraft engineer on A319/20/21, A330, A340, A340-500/600. B747-100/200/300/400, B767-200/300, B777-200/200ER/300/300ER. AND a commercial pilot on A320 series aircraft.

I would like to point out to you that as a PILOT I trained for a period approaching 14 MONTHS over a period of time.

As an ENGINEER I trained for 5 YEARS contunuiously before getting my license to work on aircraft. While I dont dispute the skill involved in flying, (bear in mind im a pilot as well) you are seeking credit above where its due. Are you saying that pilots working for other companies apart from BA are less than you? Is someone working for Virgin flying the 400 less competent?

I am a contractor and either fly or fix depending on what pays best for a given period. I dont care! My lifestyle is dependant on what I choose, and I live my life as I WANT. Not as how MANAGEMENT want me to live. Hence I am a CONTRACTOR!

However, please remember I am with you all and fully understand what your doing and strike action is not for the feint of heart. Terms and conditions should not be allowed to slip and any erosion of them would pose a problem for us all.

I just wanted to make a point that being a pilot does not make you God.

Engineers have the same responsibilites of a pilot (lives in hand) but as a pilot forgoes those responsibilities when he walks off the aircraft (Im still a pilot) the engineer still has same responsibility until the check is done again or another work carried out.

AND to KC135777 I was offered a job at BA (pilot) but turned it down! Not to my style of living (is working living?).

Flying Spanner

Last edited by FlyingSpanner; 2nd Mar 2008 at 03:47. Reason: Spelling