PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 1st Mar 2008, 09:55
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Even DFC has to work some time!

ock1f,

I can bet that with two ATCOs sitting in the tower from 2 AM to 4 AM with absolutely no traffic at least one of them will lower their hand and make rapid to a fro movements on the lower part of their body.

Perhaps you are right it is not scratching of the ass!

--------

The rights regarding leave are something that every employee should be aware of. The most important part in relation to this debate is the one where it clearly states the employer is the one who has control over when leave is taken.

If staff can take the leave they want when they want then it is clear that the organisation is over staffed. Most well staffed companies rely on points systems or frist come first served or if you get xx perid this year you can not bid for it next year etc.

-----------

Dee Mac,

I know the items that are tested by practical demonstration and the items that form part of the verbal assessment.

---------

norby,

For all you DFC fans, we should know exactly who he is very soon
Lots of people here on PPRuNe know who I am.

Doesn't change what my opinion is.

I am sure that your opinion would not change if you knew who I was either.

Therefore who I am makes no difference in the debate does it?

Unless of course you would wish to apply external pressure (bullying) against a dissenting voice like that applied against others in this dispute?

-----------

Using computers at work for non-work related issues such as PPRuNe is never going to go down well with management. Every IT policy has the old "use for work related matters only" and I can't see calling people "a piece of sh1t" being a good example of how a company's staff should deal with their customers whatever the reason.

The usual way that companies catch people is by either having a log-in and then matching the use with the login or in the case of places such as ATC with clear records of exactly where staff are during a shift, matching use with those who were not plugged in but were in the building.

The simple message has to be never PPRuNe in work........unless of course you are the boss.

Regards,

DFC

PS - Macker, you are correct. Nothing more in the media or the press, dropping out of sight here. Seems the world does not care less as long as things operate (almost) normally.