PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 02:54
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perhaps for brevity's sake I didn't post the entire conversation

Interested in DEC?

Nope. In fact a No vote would be helpful to potential DECs and I have been advocating a Yes vote.

If you want no comment from without then why post a thread on a public BB...in fact if industry comment is unwelcome generally lets shut Pprune down all together.

Why am I interested?

Perhaps as an expat, with mates in CX,KA,EK, PX etc, as well as QF,VB and J*, I have a more global understanding of the current 'pilot shortage' than those of you who have never worked offshore?

Has anyone going to the AIPA road shows actually asked Woods what he thinks of EBA 4/JPC's efforts?

Anybody tried to extract a guarantee from Woods that AIPA can produce something better, or are you just sitting there inhaling his spiel?

If AIPA cannot deliver on their rhetoric what will be the effect on 'pilot unity' in that scenario?

Would answers to those questions be deemed useful before a vote was cast...would they influence how you voted?

If, hyperthetically speaking, Woods thought that EBA 4 was an impressive document and the JPC had done a great job how would that effect people's vote? If he was unable to guarantee AIPA could deliver a better outcome how would that effect peoples view of AIPA's motives, rightly or wrongly, and their subsequent vote?

Anyone want to answer those questions?

But in the end either Yes or NO doesn't effect me so I'll just sit back at a safe distance and watch it all unfold....again.