PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO's of the world... are we all understaffed?
Old 29th Feb 2008, 14:49
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say on the beach is on the money.

Another good question to ask is if we're not understaffed why are we, ppl on the working floor, giving 120% on a daily basis? I mean I'm working an afternnon duty were we are supposed to be at least 9 and we're 7 ATCO's. What happens if another one gets sick? Or if there's a miss hap? We are supposed to send the guy/gal home to recover. Don't get me started on trying to get leave (I couldn't in january imagine how summer looks like) and, if now feels like last years' summer, how stressful will this summer be? I can tell you last summer we ended by not being able to fully recover in just a weekend -by the end of the summer you could identify a trend of people calling sick 'cause they couldn't give more than a 100% every day-.
I just passed a flu that kept me home last week...I haven't checked but it was probably pretty sh1tty for all my coleagues.

And as on the beach says it's all thanks to CFMU. I mean it's a game of passing the hot potato before you get burnt. Everyday we see planes flying the weirdest routes just to be able to be airborne, even if they need a big detour (example: berlin to paris over amsterdam or frankfurt ISO dusseldorf).

Crazy summer ahead, I'll get my raincoat.
A.

Last edited by andrijander; 29th Feb 2008 at 14:51. Reason: crazy keyboard and spilling defficiencies 8P