PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackhawk pilot roles
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 11:33
mechchick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackhawk9: As a former Blackhawk maintainer from ASGW for the last 6 years can I please correct a few things you have written.

Firstly all Test Flights are done by a UMTP single seat (can be dual but usually single - it is hard enough to get one pilot for maintenance test flights let alone two - unless it means the aircrew cannot fly to the beach on the weekend for a jolly, then its all pilots on deck!!) The UMTP will sit in the RHS. And thats since 2002 when I started on working on them. Any vibe test flights, transmission, hover checks etc that I have been on, involved with or had to manage more recently, have all been single pilot, same goes for 5AVN where I am currently located. I too have flown LHS in a fair few test flights - all logged in my aircrew logbook as well

Maintainers promulgated under local SI's, and having passed the appropriate course IAW the 059 can also carry out APU ground runs as well. Thats been in since about 2004. You still need a pilot (they do not need to be UMTP qualified) for any engine ground runs rotor turning or not.

I would suggest that times have changed a lot since you last had hands on with the BH , the 059 alone has been changed a lot in the last 2-3 years!