PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair five star customer care again
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 10:27
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for them!

We always had that problem as Lufthansa passengers with "Please remain seated until the seat belt sign has been switched off," etcetera, which sounded to Nigerians just like, "The very moment you hear the squeak of the tires on the runway landing back in Lagos take this as your cue to stand up, drag your bags out of the bins and try to be the very first at the door to get off this aircraft as a matter of national pride."

Every so often some clown would lose his grip on a carry-on bag and drop it on your head as you could see out the window you were only passing the "cargo village", not even half-way to the gate.

One day the cabin crew had had enough I guess, so that we came to an abrupt stop on the taxiway with the news that our aircraft was not moving until everyone had sat down and strapped in again. There was a stand-off lasting about three minutes until, finally, each and every local had finally sat down. There were a few who just had to try it on, left standing there with that sort of "Dis be my country" look but even they had to cave in and sit down in the end. Those of us who followed the rules felt like applauding!

There has always been this confusion on the part of many passengers, mostly down to "I make way more money than you do so that you cannot tell me what to do!" I guess. It was probably this doctor's bad luck to be the next one after some real flamer had exhausted the cabin crew's store of patience.

If someone had missed an important point in the safety briefing and wanted to make trouble about that then I am sure the good doctor would be happy to take full responsibility. No, not really, just making a little joke there ... Let's see how far he gets with this one.