PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei Airlines
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 01:42
Nkosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Oh Dear, Oh Dear

PASSENGER APPEAL
The problems that are manifested in RBA’s poor passenger appeal are surely a lack of consideration for the people that the ‘front office’ staff gives to their customers. It is not acceptable to the average ‘Joe Blow’ to be given the brush off, as depicted by some in the comments made and contained in the Skytrax forum. With pax being carried from various points an airline that has direct competition from Low Cost Carriers MUST raise their game to at least the same standard and comparable, or sink in the quagmire of criticism and lost revenue. It is pointless to bask in past glories and is as much use as tits on a bull to anticipate and expect a flood of revenue by lowering fares without the high standards of service demanded by the travelling public... Therefore it is suggested that unless the staff are reminded, perhaps forcibly, that their task is to provide a decent service to fare paying pax they should shuffle off somewhere else or alternative employment.

CABIN DROSS
Looking once more at the comments made by punters regarding the glitches within the cabin and IFE that seem to be unattended to. It would appear that the aircraft turnaround times or layovers are inadequate to be able to sort these problems out. Where has the QA aspect of the operator disappeared too? This sort of, non safety related items, but important to the pax sitting on their buts for hours on end just invites criticism.

CREW FATIGUE
One would hope that the duty hour’s fiasco reported in this thread would be alleviated by the re-introduction of that crew who were sidelined due to the possible intro of the 777. This would help those 767 crews who were shouldering the burden. Let’s hope so anyway.

ENGINEERING
I hear that things are not good in the Engineering Department. When I was a resident of the land I knew that the standard of engineers returning to RBA from apprenticeships in UK were high. Management clear in objectives and moral high. What on earth has happened since those days, which were only a few years away?

Enough said, hope that these problems are dealt with but I suspect that laissez-faire will prevail.

Nkosi