PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - first employers for newby's
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 08:02
Mr Bomb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first employers for newby's

Well since the wheel has finally turned and it appears that even employers who once simply shook a tree to get a new CPL are now having to advertise I thought that perhaps we could organise and have a listing of those employers that you would prefer to be employed with as a first time new pilot.

I am not interested in actual bashing of employers, I am just after those who have been there done that to arrange possible first employers listed into the order that they would prefer to be employed by if they had to do it again. I am obviously only really interested in charter companies rather than flying schools. Perhaps someone interested in flying schools could add a list of those from the instructors perspective.

Anyway here is a very short quick starting list, but if those who have been there and would like to add to the list and put into an order they would like then I am sure it would be appreciated by any newby’s about to head “up North” soon. Indeed I for one would be most grateful.

Air Frontier
Chartair
Alligator Airways
Broome Air Servcies
Broome Aviation
Geraldton Air Charter
Skyways
Wrightsair
FTDK airways (for when he gets too old to fly himself!!!!!)

Please no bashing of companies or I fear this will get closed, simply a list from your most preferred to least preferred. No need to expand on reasons.

Thanks in advance for any information
Cheers
Mr B.

P.S. I appreciate that those who have been there might see this as a shortcut to getting out there and if this is the case so be it, but perhaps we could put this aside to help any new pilots out there trying to crack a decent first job.