PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 07:25
Captain Sherm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is now clear to me. Emotion aside I think I have the logic down right. Without name calling can someone show me where I’m wrong? This doesn’t affect me. So I can be dispassionate. I would, as an observer though and someone who believes in good quality jobs above all else, sleep better at night if I knew that AIPA and JPA would guarantee the following:

a) AIPA will take no action to diminish the competitiveness of the QF Group against all competitors
b) AIPA will take no action to limit the proportion of 787s going to the Jetstar Fleet
c) Any pilots willing to resign from Qantas to join Jetstar would be able to and would keep things like full datal seniority, super and long service leave
d) AIPA would not oppose an eventual "umbrella union" for pilots

I would imagine in return that the Jetstar pilots would agree in like terms to the following:

a) JPA will take no action to diminish the competitiveness of the QF Group against all competitors
b) JPA will take no action to limit the proportion of 787s going to the Qantas Fleet
c) Any pilots willing to resign from Jetstar to join Qantas would be able to and would keep things like full datal seniority, super and long service leave
d) JPA would not oppose an eventual "umbrella union" for pilots