PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family life in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 07:00
mothflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well well well, Dubai over Germany huh! Well, as I've written here before about this subject I'd just like to expand.

My wife and I 'endured' Dubai for 2 years and now we live in Northern Germany. I am British and NOT home sick in any way shape or form, compared to Dubai, Germany is heaven and couldnt give a damn about the weather when the way of living is comfortable and logical!

No matter what we did or had to do in Dubai, it was a chore. Driving is dangerous and frustrating and the roads are full of drivers its taken more than 40 lessons to teach, and they still have no clue.

All matters involving the countries systems or services that you must get involved in or register with, are a complete shambles... hours of quing, pushed from pillar to post by staff that really couldnt give a f**k.

The indians, Filipinos, etc are shown NO respect atall and work day in day out for these selfish and disrespectful Arabs. Most of which havent seen a women for years so constantly stare longingly at any women who passes them.

Housing is expensive if you want a decent level of living, and still rising.

The weather from April to November is too hostile to do anything for too long outside so your limited to Malls which at the weekends are bursting with folk. The scenery over on the other coast is better but still dusty and drab.

The good points are too few to outweigh the negatives. Theres too much to write about... sorry (angry from UK will shut up now)...