PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's official.Flight training to be HECS as of may 08
Old 28th Feb 2008, 01:45
Jeps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the things true, this is what I have been waiting for and thought would never come. I highly doubt those who say there will be an influx of idiots who have no commitment and decide to do it just because they now have the resources to do so. You may get some but I believe they will be far between, Lest We Forget that you still have to pay off everything in the end anyway! Anyone who can't see that coming has something to think about. And I also believe that if people are informed on the complete process of the scheme beforehand it will make the people who are doing it for kicks think again.

If your aware that you've just been given a 'suspended sentence' on the money so to speak your not going to rush at something you've thought little about just for the sake of it(especially when you have in excess of 50k knocking at your back door!)

And for those who are fair dinkum' people who have the commitment, passion and drive to get there then I say what a fantastic scheme although probably well overdue. They had to do something about the pilot shortage as many already have and I think its a step in the right direction. The pessimistic attitude of many here doesn't do anyone any favours especially the youngens.

Rant Over.