PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 00:46
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

An Australian BALPA equivalent is an ultimate and absolutely desirable aspiration ...
And yet you won't take the logical first step of having all pilots in the same group come together. Why is that? What is your agenda in blocking what is the logical first step in a truly industry wide industrial organisation?

If that is the outcome- and I think it's a great outcome- then lets start working towards it. Join AIPA and we've got a great first step. Then you and I can stand side by side and push harder for it. Don't think for a second that there aren't those of us who aren't pushing for it. The response I get from those I know and trust in AIPA is 'one step at a time', 'walk before you run, etc'.

Of course then there are the nay sayers who think that AIPA is out to 'control' the industrial landscape in Australian Aviation and who would view such an overt and public push by AIPA of more evidence as to their deviousness. It can't be had both ways. Either it's good for the industry for all of us to get together or it's not.

So what's it going to be Led? Going to take the first step towards what you reckon is a good thing or are you going to keep pushing your own hidden agenda?