PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR Harmonisation
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 15:00
3D CAM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Crab.
SARowl do you mean 6 people including the 4-man aircraft crew or 6 people plus the 4 - man crew? If it is the former then you must be magicians keeping 2 aircraft 100% serviceable and flying loads of training and jobs with just 2 engineers - either that or some corners are being cut somewhere.
Why do you always assume that the civvy world is cutting corners?? I gave you the figures in an earlier post but to go over them one last time.... 4 crew in the aircraft, two engineers per shift! Plus Chief Engineer and labourer on days. I personally take great offence in your suggestion that corners are being cut, anywhere!! Safety is the watchword! Even we cannot achieve 100% serviceability and I don't think it has ever been claimed that we do!If one of the aircraft is u/s then generally no training is carried out until it is fixed! If it is u/s for a major component change then the off shift engineers come in on overtime to help! What is difficult and under hand there??
As for CHC's bid, hmm, time will tell!! The final two bidders are due to be announced at the end of March, early April I think so we won't have to wait too long?
139&92 on each base? Would it be that simple? I don't think so!