PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 13:19
fistfokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say I think Led Zepp has hit the nail on the head. I have received the "good oil" directly from the AIPA president.

He believes in the GOAL but has made it quite clear that if QF and J* management do not agree with the GOAL then AIPA and its majority membership will do whatever it takes to ensure the 787 goes to QF. All perfectly understandable, but not necessarilly in the best interest of all the J* pilots that took the punt to make J* the success it has become. Why would they accept the AIPA's "generous" offer of only 15 787's when there is a significant likelihood of many more?

The president emphasised the number of experienced QF First officers and Second Officers that were all ready to asssist J* with its pilot shortage solution.

In the very long term I can see that the GOAL, if accepted by management, would be good for all Group pilots, but in the short term really only good for QF fo's and so's seeking quick promotion opportunities.

Maybe we should all be looking for the long term solution but I think the majority will be swayed by the short term.

To put "conditions" around the GOAL is not conducive to it getting up.

I think if AIPA want to have any success with the majority of J* pilots it should back the JPA's effort to get all J* pilots empoyed under the currently offerred EBA2008, then work together with the AFAP and the JPA for the long term good of all pilots in Australia.