PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 09:19
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Put it in writing? Like he has done on dozens of occasions previously? What more evidence do you need? The AIPA president has on a variety of forums put forward the position that sees J* crew get first access to their aircraft.

How about this one from as recently as four days ago.

This statement relates to the prospect of QF keeping all 787s under the one AOC- a possibility to reduce the duplication of resources across both arilines.

... I believe that the AIPA COM would support the interleaving of 15 Jetstar B787 crews into Mainline 787 operations in the same way it did SH A330 crew? Again B787 allocation to Jetstar or Mainline could then be in accordance with market forces but both Jetstar and Mainline pilots would be on LH EBA 8 salaries.
This is essentially saying that J* crew may be flying a red tail one day and a orange star the next. Same for QF crew....on LH conditions. Does that not guarantee J* crew access to the flying that orange tail aircraft? What he's also saying is that if J* have 30 787s and QF have 30 787s then we both have half the total pilot numbers and interleave them on a common seniority pile to determine who gets what flying. If J* have 40 and QF have 30 then the J* crew get more slots, etc, etc, etc.

I'm reminded of a bible passage that talks about not throwing pearls before swine. It's basically about not giving the good news to those that can't or won't even listen to reason. Part of me sees the attempts by the QF drivers on this thread as exactly that. The reason I keep persisting is that I'm hopeful that the constant line by the many QF drivers will finally quash the disinformation, dishonesty, and intellectual ignorance of those who are pushing the 'AIPA and QF drivers are bad guys' line.