PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jailed Flt Lt
Thread: Jailed Flt Lt
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 21:19
goosegander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO is this Sharpy so Sharp!!

For everyone who has paid an interest in this post!!....

Mr_Burns... your are a legend! well in my opinion anyway.

The Facts.... this guy forged documents......
withheld ammunition...in excess of 100 rounds i might add. not 1 box as the papers and Sky said. unless it was a full metal ammo box....
and put a lot of lives at risk...........

Having been on the Front line, this is not acceptable in my book, even more so from an Officer.....
had this been Joe Bloggs airman, then im sure he would have gotten more than 3 months....less good behaviour!!!!

my personal concern is that, as said before, senior officers and peers alike, never addressed the badge wearing issue, and might i add, the instructors on the Alleged courses never did, oh what courses?
in my day, the best lowliest, "rock" in the GDT section was hot on these things.... so why no one else.!!!!

If this guy was as keen to go to Iraq, and keen for military life as he and everyone else who supports him has made out, then why did he NOT attend these courses??? i was a top cabbage and could not get enough..., i did every course i could, much to my wife's dismay!

The main thing is, why would any soul on this earth, want to go to a WAR zone, and not have the proper training!!!!! i know of many a guy, who hated and slated their training, but when in theatre, were so thankful for it.

I was never an armourer, or a fan of their's, however, i doubt for 1 second, knowing their normal attitudes, that any single one of them, would ever deny taking ammo from anyone regardless of it's origin. Hmmmm... did he want to keep it, cause my best guess says he probably did not ever declare it!!!

As for his sentence, well, as said he went to civvy nick, good.
He has disgraced himself, his family and the nature of being a member of the Forces , let alone officer corps, at the end of the day, if he wanted the wings / dagger he should have done the right thing, not pretended, and maybe, just maybe, people might have helped him more,....

Last point, what caused the MoD to suspect him in the first place??????????

Last edited by goosegander; 26th Feb 2008 at 21:30.