PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 26th Feb 2008, 18:16
norby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Needless to say I was at that meeting too. I got the impression that there was only 1 outstanding issue and that what was discussed had the blessing of the Labour court.
I was encouraged that the Union have extracted a commitment for 3 extra SCP's (SCP8 to be recruited at the end of this year) and that management will advertise for direct entries as soon as we agree (if we agree)

I doubt if we would have gotten any more on the staffing if we had gone on strike.
The rest of the package Guaranteed fatigue breaks all al applied for in'08 will be approved 5 year expertships for ALL rated ATCOS extra job sharing......forgive me if I'm wrong but is this not why we started this? I was really Sceptical about Impacts ability to deliver but it appears that they have and I dont think that we would have gotten a better settlement.

PN said that becaise of the vile treatment of staff the IAA's "change programme" is off the table as is the 5% vote until the IAA seriously mend fences also the labour court had stern words and LK is investigating the leak to rIAAnair though we know it was PR. In a nice move the exec produced the infamous preferential treatment notice but not apparently before it "fell" into a certain pilots briefcase.

A much more positive outcome than I had ever expecting and Overtime is still voluntary, the union will not ask anyone to go back on ot if an airport closes thats managements fault!!