PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 17:57
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the modifications to the baggage system will take place at all levels on the new side of the terminal. Hopefully alot of planning has gone into the 11 day move. It is only a short period of time and would have caused disruption at any point within the winter schedule, however I do think that there will be a struggle for desks. Maybe airlines are willing to reduce the amount of desks from what they normally are entitled too during the short period in order to receive a better service afterwards?! I bet the charter carriers were none too happy during all the 'meltdowns', when some pax waited 2 hours to check in during peak summer periods?

lukeylad where on earth did you hear that the info desk was moving? I can't see that happenig, as the whole purpose of locating the info desk in that position was that it was central to both check in areas. Besides the baggage system would need even more modification to allow extra desks to be placed there and with the space it would probably only create 2/3 desks, which is great, but the busier the airport gets the more are needed unless we stop taking departures during certain periods?!

BA do need to reduce the amount of check in counters they use. They currently occupy, I think 20-24 and for the amount of internet/self service checkin, there is no need to occupy so much space. Or is there???

I think the comment of a monday morning, was towards last summer and the inadequate facilities in the charter hall. Flights unable to use old hall for check in as all desks in use. This summer more pax are predicted to pass through on this day on charters (2 TCX 757, 2 TOM 757, 1 TOM 738, 1 TOM 763, 1 FHY 320, 1 BGH 320) - all flights leaving within 1 hour of each other. Maybe's the badger could cash in and offer snacks to waiting queues?!! (JOKE before anyone starts on me!)