PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 26th Feb 2008, 14:23
290kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a victory to the good guys

Right, not 100% complete but fresh from the union briefing at EIDW-4 SEP courses to be recruited-union to be directly involved in on-going manpower requirements. 20 to 22 direct entry contract/permanent controllers to be recruited. Extra rating courses for non rated and SNN app staff. Job sharing to increase to 18 by end 2010. Expert system to be made more secure for controllers. UCE system to be modified. 10 ATCO's guaranteed leave per day in DUB (2 per team, 3 per team in SNN). 5 and 3 roster to be maintained. Overtime is as per labour court recommendation, there will be limits on ammount each controller can do, if you have not exceeded your allowance management may ask you to attend for extra duties as at present (I dont intend doing any of them-just give me the extra staff and the guaranteed casual leave)

It is important to point out that these are the issues that staff and mismanagement have before them and no ballot will be presented to staff until mismanagement have accepted ALL of them. Some issues agreed already, waiting for management to agree to the rest of the details of the package.

Well thanks very much IAA, it looks like a staff victory to me, all I want now is a full apology for the disgraceful way we have been treated by IAA mismanagement and by that Judas Cassin woman.

Well done to the union having got us this far and remaining dignified in the face of amateur mismanagement antics.