PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 08:31
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have one question. All you pilots are running down the BA Management. Yet when I look in the Flight Ops magazine all the management are called Captain. I assume this means they are pilots? What changes when a BA Captain becomes a BA Manager? Does he have to agree to be anti his mates from then on?
It is interesting why any pilot would like to be a manager. Generally our technical and training pilot managers are well respected. Others are master politicians climbing the greasy pole speaking and behaving as politicians do i.e. spouting the party line no matter what. The OpenLies propaganda blitz is a case in point.

Take it from your quoted comment above Hand Solo that you think it is seniority lists that make it more difficult for pilots to move, so why fight to have more people on a seniority list?
Like unilateral nuclear disarmament the odd company or two binning the seniority system doesn't work. For good or bad it is the system in use worldwide and has advantages as well as disadvantages.