PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 06:38
Nuthinondaclock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspicious?

Led Zep,

You guys do have your own Association, the JPA, but the problem is still one of unity to prevent one group of pilots being played off against another. That’s as an aside to the time taken to actually set a new association up and have it recognised. It will be too late for EBA 4. So if you want a chance of something better why not see what AIPA can offer. If you don’t like what you see then don’t continue down that path. Just don’t write them off as an option until you’ve heard what they’ve got to say. When you say,
“Nothing Ian Woods and others have said has changed this suspicion.”
Have you actually heard from him or are you basing this on what others (JPA) are saying to further their agenda (Short term financial gain at others expense). (If you have then good for you, I’m sorry if you’re still suspicious, AIPA needs to try harder in your case.)

I see as recently as December ’06 you were with EK so I’m guessing (excuse my presumption if I’m wrong) that you’re right seating with Jet*? If you’re worried about some Mainline guy getting your command then relax. In the same way when Australian Airlines and QF pilots merged, NO QF pilot would be able to take a command slot in front of ANY current JQ pilot. The same applies the other way.

"EVERYONE should understand that AIPA is only out for themselves."
AIPA is not some mythical beast. It is a group of people working together to better their lot as professional pilots. They want YOU to be part of it for your own benefit, and that of the group as a whole.

Nuf.