PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK considers airline pilots "Business Leaders" ......
Old 26th Feb 2008, 05:46
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK considers airline pilots "Business Leaders" ......

TC, AAR, TCAS and ED

I have lost any respect for you guys already. Basically I should leave it at that, as your “resistance is futile” approach makes you definitely Borg-like, or less. But ED’s publication triggered a new ire, halas, although I have rarely seen paper wandering into the plastic folder over the recline knob as fast as that.

“Business Leaders, and I count airline pilots among them, make countless decisions every day”.

Just show me any business leader in any job who would accept our rest schedules or rest facilities paired with similar responsibilities. – Reading that cr@p during a ULH, not being able to close my eyes in the coffin, but fighting just that when back in the seat, it gives me genuine nausea.

We need seats and adequate rest, desperately, otherwise it is plain unsafe – UNSAFE, and you know it.

Another scam is the 1PIC, 2 FO operation. Listening around the EPC event, I realised that many colleagues have contacted both CP’s or ED, questioning the legal aspects of locking the skipper up in the Hades of the aircraft. It’s painfully obvious that he will never make it to the bridge in case of a top emergency. The Borgs indoctrinated answer to this is eventually none (as usual), but a highly pathetic and rhetoric statement and question:

“We deem any FO capable and trained for such situations. WE trust them, don’t you???”

If you trust them that much, why the h*ll do you limit these guys to 20 knots cross then? Why do you put them through a silly second assessment process for upgrade, after they have already been positively screened and proven themselves to the company for at least three years? - It’s YOU who do not trust them, not us.
Just tell me: If something goes wrong during such a situation, who will face your verdict, who will show up in front of the judge? Is it you, the FO or is it finally the skipper? I think the answer is a no-brainer to everybody!!!! If I have to face any judgement for any c*ck up, I would rather have participated in it than being impotently locked up in the a$$ of the aircraft. I know for sure you will be all over my back just to get your a$$es covered.
Finally, do you honestly believe any other Business Leaders would accept to stand liable for decisions others take and execute? You yourselves would not, for sure!

We need seats close to the cockpit, desperately, otherwise it is plain illegal – ILLEGAL, and you wrote it into the FOM yourselves.