PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 03:53
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't even arrange for time off for its own negotiators.
This is a key point.

What happened is that a very clear agreement was made to move this clause outside the CA to an MOU, there is no doubt about the agreement, only that Dixon will not sign the MOU. In other words he has gone back on his word.

Apparently it is an open and shut case, with very clear evidence, but as is the way with the legal system the large organisation can draw it out for as long as it wants.

But AIPA are fighting it, and will win it (or more likely Qantas will settle at the last moment after stringing it out for ages) and it will cost a lot, but they can do it.

My question then is this... What happens on the inevitable day that management welshes on a deal with the JPA/C? Are they in a position to fight the might of a large organisation that will use the legal system to their full advantage? That is just one of the major strengths (amongst many other) of a united group.

Will they welsh on a deal?

I don't have the time to tell you how many deals they have welshed on with Mainline pilots so far, but eventually we woke up and kicked out the old AIPA regime that never stood up to these guys.

Once and for all, don't use the failings of the old AIPA as a reason for not joining. We woke up! They've gone, what more can we do?

And for the record, CM told the IPC to P!$$ off on his own, most on CoM where lead to believe that the IPC had told AIPA to P!$$ off, it was only years later that the truth really came out, and QF mainline pilots and AIPA Committee members were not happy! There is a reason that people leave the room when he enters, you know.

Most AIPA members thought it was entirely logical for the Impulse guys to come in on a Y just like Short Haul, the future CP obviously didn't see it that way.... I wonder why?

Last edited by speeeedy; 26th Feb 2008 at 04:21.