PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attn Cx And Ka Management
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 01:07
Lowkoon

Location: HK- A little bit of industrial China in every breath you take.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam, a thought provoking response. I agree with everything except the ball is in our court. Please let me explain why.

The "They" I was referring to was the recalcitrant CX pilots that think it wont happen, and probably doesn't effect them even if it did. I have no doubt the management have seen the benefits of 2 separate pilot groups aligned by SOPS and no industrial ties. They will be dying to play us off against each other at the first opportunity. We both agree on that, blind freddy could see it.

AIPA, (QF), openly admit their biggest mistake was not getting everyone "on-board" that was part of the "group". It was because of the aloof arrogance being displayed by AOA. The result was not to the larger pilots bodies liking, and that was with all the protections of Australian industrial law, so imagine what cx could achieve here with Hong Kong laws? You would think that the initiative should be coming from AOA, not the DPA, as we (KA) have the most to gain, and the AOA the most to lose. Whats the worst thing that can happen to us? We go to the bottom of the list, and fly to all the worst destinations in the "Group" network? How is that different from now? Any slight gain is an improvement on this.

The way I see it, the AOA need us onside so we don't maneuver to improve our situation at the expense of AOA members. Moronic attitudes like "What part of takeover don't you understand etc" just serve to fuel a simmering fire that will only burn those that think they are immune to being burnt. Thats in no way a threat, remember these decisions wont be made by pilots, just management trying to maximise the potential of "Group synergy". Its just a reality that there will be less resistance from KA guys to a shafting of the CX guys if they are already left out in the cold industrially.

If none of those reasons spawn communication, how about Sun Tzu's "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"? AOAs next move will determine which group the DPA guys fall into. AOA has a great opportunity to attract a very useful ally. The KA guys collectively urge them not to waste it. Therefore we feel the ball is well and truely in the AOA court.