PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Feb 2008, 21:56
thelowestlevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with Norby, i think a no vote to this.

The cancelling of the strike notice and the overtime ban is a bit premature for what we have received. I dont think that there will be many voluntering for callins in the interem, i for one wont be.

Very disiapointed but not surprised at the result. IMPACT have again failed in its duty to members to get something meaningful from this dispute, and again i feel that we have lost the PR battle with the public.

Meetings will be interesting, however it would be nice to get the details from today from our reps, even if just a text, or email, and not have to be reliant in the national airwaves as has become the norm.

If we have to again go and give strike notice following a no vote, we will not be looked to favourably upon by the flying public. If there are not enough people to sign up to this new scheme then we are back to square one, and are in for a rough 18 months, and that is being overly optimistic that the school can get 36 cadetes through the school and OJT in that time frame.

As we have seen from previous encounters with the IAA, sending us back for more talks about talks is a pointless exercise, as we don't have anywhere near the staff to implement some of the courts wishes re rostering and family friendly policies.

I will wait and see what they say tomorrow, but i am not holding my breath.