PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 21:17
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rachel

Sleep deprivation is indeed a common factor to all longhaul flying but I can't emphasise how close to the mark "gadgetman" is with his comments re: Emirates.

Some of the concerns he lists are either unique to flying with Emirates, or unique to employment with any Middle Eastern carrier.

I'm sorry to say this, but Emirates is not what it was even as recently as 5 years ago.

If you are absolutely desperate to do longhaul and don't really care about the conditions you'll be asked to worked under, Emirates is still an 'ok' choice.

If that's not the case, and you'd like to work in a friendly atmosphere with the chance to fly longhaul in 3 or so years I would stay well away from Emirates.

I know, I flew for them. Much happier since I joined another major airline in Europe; the difference is refreshing. I don't even miss Dubai, though I get rostered to fly to DXB now and then!

Don't get me wrong, this is not an anti-Emirates post. I had a great time there, but then I joined as a graduate with no other airline work experience. If you've already worked for a decent European airline then going to Emirates would be pretty tough....

Last edited by Smell the Coffee; 25th Feb 2008 at 23:09.