PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 19:42
hellsbrink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dysag

I ain't a pilot but this is NOTHING to do with the "public benefit". This is about people's livelihoods.

Now, how would you feel if you had been working happily in your job for some time and then the company decided to start bringing in agency workers because they were cheaper? YOU are the one who suffers, as the people who get paid less tend to get the OT, etc, and if you don't comply with that you lose out.

I know it ain't a perfect analogy, but it is a valid one. After all, it wasn't all that long ago when I was one who was "out" at the proposals to take up to 70% of our (sparks) work away by using partially trained people to do most of the installation of the metalwork we put cables on/in. Our T&C's would have been thrown out the window as these people would have been doing the very job we had spent years training for, and since fewer electricians would therefore be needed we would HAVE to take a pay cut or not have a job. Is that sort of thing right?

Maybe you should ask your company to outsource your work, see how your standard of living survives.

(Sorry, again, for posting in the "flying" section, but I am behind the BA pilots 100% on this one)